Fostering diverse and inclusive leadership inside-out
Successful leadership drives the innovation required to tackle the health challenges of tomorrow. Innovation thrives by encouraging contributions from a diverse team whose members are confident they can truly bring their whole selves to work. At Rabin Martin, we believe that inclusive organizational values that nurture diverse experiences, thinking, demographics and voices cultivate an environment where all are able to contribute to their fullest potential. In turn, this makes for stronger teams and even deeper impact in the work that we undertake, driving the unique value we build for our clients – the fresh approaches, new business models and unlikely partnerships that underpin leadership in global health.
Our ultimate objective and business purpose of advancing health for all drives our mission and strategy in all that we do. In pursuing innovations that drive improvements in the lives of the underserved around the world, we must seek knowledge from diverse perspectives and open ourselves to new ideas. Fostering an inclusive leadership culture that empowers and embraces diverse thinking, voices and experiences is a key tenet to achieving global health leadership for our firm and our clients.
We do this through several initiatives, both internally within the firm and working in partnership with leaders in the space. Please find below examples of two recent initiatives implemented as part of our D&I strategy:
- Social Mobility Foundation Partnership: Founded in 2005, the Social Mobility Foundation is a charity which aims to make a practical improvement in social mobility for young people from low-income backgrounds by providing corporate internship opportunities through partnerships with multi-sector organizations. In January 2020, Rabin Martin established a partnership with the Foundation to offer internship positions within our London office.
- Valuable 500: As part of our Diversity & Inclusion strategy, Rabin Martin has pledged a commitment to The Valuable 500. Launched at the World Economic Forum in 2019, this multi-sector initiative works to put disability on the business leadership agenda. As part of our commitment, Rabin Martin has pledged to:
• Improve experiences for all those at Rabin Martin with visible or invisible disabilities by embracing them where they are;
• Ensure representation through inclusive talent recruitment; and
• Invite clients to join us on this journey through promotion of our efforts.